Wednesday, May 4, 2011

[Photo] Redged RTA-428 tripod and Redged RNB-1 ballhead

A few weeks ago I bought the Redged RTA-428 tripod. I made my decision based on the information I could find on the internet. However the information I could find related to the possible height of the tripod was not correct and every site had a different height specified. So I decided to put this information on my blog.

The reason I bought this tripod was that I needed a stable and lightweight tripod to take with me on my holidays. Next to that I had the following requirements:
  • I did not want to pay a lot for a tripod. In total, including the ballhead I wanted to pay 200 euros maximum.
  • I also wanted to have a rotating ballhead to be able to use my videocamera next to my DSLR.
  • The possibility to reverse the column to enable the possibility to place the camera lower to the ground.
  • A tripod with a decent height so that I can stand in a normal position behind my camera.
So based on those requirements I started the search and finally came to the combination of an aluminum Redged RTA-428 tripod together with the Redged RNB-1 ballhead. This combines to a total of 2.2 kg at a total length of 65 cm. The tripod is rated up to 12 kilograms, however my DSLR with the heaviest lens only weighs like 1.5 kilograms. That is the reason I chose the RNB-1 ballhead which is rated up to 6 kilograms. Both the tripod and the ballhead come packaged in sturdy boxes and both pieces come equiped with their own travelbag. The one for the tripod is large enough to fit the tripod with the ballhead mounted on top. See the last picture for the tripod bag.

When the tripod is fully extended it rises up to 166.5 cm and up to 175.5 cm with the ballhead attached to it.

The tripod and the ballhead are a nice combination, they give a solid impression and look to be build to last. I hope they will during my next holiday ;) I would really recommend this combination for someone looking for a tripod with similar requirements. Also do not forget to order an extra quick release base plate (Redged RB 3939) when using both a DSLR and a videocamera.

Some pictures:







1 comment:

  1. I use the same setup as you, with the minus of the use of a videocamera. A really good setup. I've used the RNB-1 longer than the legs, but together they have replaced my old setup of the RNB-1 with Giottos MTL-9251b legs.

    ReplyDelete