Saturday, December 3, 2011

[WP7] MissingMethodException when deserializing an object


I am currently developing an application for Windows Phone 7 and I like it. The framework classes are easily to find and to understand. Some constructions are still not really acceptable but workarounds are sometimes possible.

However I just ran into the "System.MissingMethodException" when deserializing an object from the IsolatedStorage. First I thought it was caused because I had a property with only a getter, but changing this did not solve the problem. Looking at the stacktrace also did not bring any solution. So I went on the internet to see if other people ran into the same problem but I was unable to find anything related.

In the end I looked in more detail to the implementation of my class which was serialized and which I wanted to deserialize. It seemed that I forgot the parameterless constructor ... Thanks Microsoft for that cryptic exception !

So I end this message in the hope that it helps people who also run into this exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment