Saturday, February 5, 2011

[Win7] Incompatibility between Office 2010 x64 and Windows Mobile center

I ran into this message in different occasions: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging problem". Also when trying to sync my Windows Mobile phone with my Windows 7 machine with Outlook 2010 installed.

Each time I started Outlook 2010 I was greeted with the message that Outlook was not my default mail client.

The problem was that I could not solve this by using the default actions, so I started searching on the internet. I was not alone, but most of the links I ran into talked about changing a registry key or by deleting a dll file. I tried but to no avail ...

I would not give up on this strange problem and finally I ran into the real cause; An incompatibility between Office 2010 x64 and Windows Mobile center is the problem and according to Microsoft they are not fixing it ...

The solution for me was to install the x86 version of Outlook, which is a bit strange since more and more applications are shifting to x64.

No comments:

Post a Comment